Huntsville Adoption Lawyer
Matthew Wisda | Experienced Huntsville Family Law Attorney
At Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C. our experienced Huntsville family law attorneys have been guiding singles, couples, men, women, parents, grandparents, etc. through the process of adoptions for years. We have literally handled many cases similar to yours in communities across Huntsville, Madison County, Athens, and surrounding North Alabama areas.
Although this can be an exciting time, it can also be a very stressful time for parents hoping to adopt. From the very beginning, our compassionate family law attorneys will meet with you to develop a plan. This plan will ensure that the adoption process flows smoothly between all parties, resulting in an adopted child being placed into their new and loving home.
The adoption process in Alabama requires the following:
- You must be over the age of 19
- You must be willing and committed to being a parent
- If married, the duration of marriage must be at-least 3 years
- If married couple, one must be a United States Citizen
- Must have adequate and acceptable space for child or children adopted
- Must be willing to subject to a thorough background check
- Must be healthy enough to meet the child(s) needs
Our experienced Family Law Attorney can further explain the rules and requirements for adoption in the State of Alabama during your initial case evaluation. To schedule a case evaluation regarding adoption, simply contact a compassionate Huntsville Family Law Attorney at Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C. Our compassionate Family Lawyers have nearly 50 years of experience and have represented hundreds of adoption cases similar to yours. Call us today at (256) 539-4464.