Charged with Robbery? We can help
Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C.
The philosophy at Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C. is that no matter how grim your case may look, you have a chance of winning and bringing normalcy back into your life. This confidence and passion has lead us receive a Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Rating of AV Preeminent® and the Avvo Client's Choice Award. By leveraging our nearly 50 years of legal experience in criminal defense and thorough knowledge of state laws, our Huntsville criminal defense attorneys can achieve results that exceed your expectations.
Call Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C. today at (256) 539-4464.
What to Know About Robbery Charges
The Code of Alabama 1975 incorporates all rules and regulations pertaining to robbery under Title 13A Criminal Section (last updated on May 2006). Robbery crimes in Huntsville, Alabama are classified into three distinct categories. First-degree robbery charges are categorized as Class A felonies, are in violation of Section 13A-8-43, and are applicable to individuals if:
- They are armed with dangerous instruments or deadly weapons
- They cause serious injury to other persons not involved in the robbery
- They are in possession of articles that can be fashioned into a deadly weapon
- There is adequate reason to believe the person is armed (evidence verbally or otherwise)
- They are found in possession of deadly weapons with prima facie evidence
Second-degree robbery charges are serviced when the individual violates Section 13A-8-43 and is helped by one or more individuals. All second-degree robbery charges are Class B felonies.
Third-degree robbery is classified under a Class C felony. It is applicable to individuals who commit a theft or felony knowingly and who:
- Threaten to use force against owners or any other person present at the scene with the intent of escaping the property or acquiring the targeted items
- Use force against persons and / or owner present at the scene with the intent of overcoming physical resistance or a physical power of resistance
The final sentence for any robbery charges is also influenced by whether or not you have been previously convicted, attracting larger fines and jail time.
Get a Free Consultation from Our Huntsville Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you are a resident of Huntsville, AL and are involved in a robbery case, it is best to explore your legal options with our experienced lawyers. If you are searching for experienced legal counsel, rely on Crumbley, Blackwell, Wisda & Associates, P.C. Schedule a free consultation today or call our Huntsville criminal defense attorneys!