Defending Rape Charges in North Alabama
Defense Lawyers | Crumbley-Blackwell & Associates, P.C.
If you or a loved one are facing charges relating to rape or sexual abuse, contact our relentless criminal defense attorneys today. We will help you develop a defense for your case that can help to achieve your desired outcome. Our criminal lawyers have nearly five decades of combined experience, thousands of satisfied clients, and offer free consultations for all rape related cases in North Alabama. Schedule a free consultation today by completing an online case evaluation form or by calling (256) 539-4464.
Classifications of Rape Charges
Across Alabama, rape is classified as a Class B Felony. It's regulations are listed under Title 13A Criminal Section of the Code of Alabama 1975. Charges are classified as first or second-degree based on the specific facts and circumstances associated with each case. Rape related charges can be very serious, it is imperative that you seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense lawyer from our team who can help to protect your rights and best interests.
Classifications of the Felony:
First-degree rape is charged to one or more persons if:
- They engage in forced sexual intercourse with the opposite sex without consent
- They engage in sexual intercourse with an individual from the opposite sex who is incapable to consent owing to physical or mental incapacitation
- Individuals over the age of 16 who engage in intercourse with members of the opposite sex who are under the age of 12
Second-degree rape is charged to one or more persons if:
- The individual is over 16 years of age and engages in intercourse with another individual from the opposite sex between the ages of 12 and 16 (the exception stands that the accused should be at least 2 years older than the victim)
- The individual engages in intercourse with another individual from the opposite sex who is incapable of consent owing to lack of mental development
Schedule A Free Consultation
We understand that each case is different, no matter how slim the chances of winning may seem, we prepare and implement the strongest possible defense for your case. If you are facing charges relating to rape, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation. An experienced criminal lawyer from our team will sit down with you to develop a defense tailored to the specific needs of your case. To schedule a free consultation, call (256) 539-4464 or complete a case evaluation form.